Cost and Distance
This pane allows the user to
display total cost, average monthly cost, total distance and average
monthly distance for a selected date range, vehicle and task.
(1) Use the popups to choose a vehicle and task( also known as service task ) and date range
(2) Press the Show button and the costs and distances are calculated and displayed.
Description of the Cost and Distance Calculations
All cost and distance calculations are constrained by the selection
criteria. If the calculations appear incorrect, it is likely the
selection criteria needs to be changed.
(1) Total Cost is the accumulation of each qualifying ( based on selection criteria ) maintenance task's cost.
(2) Average Monthly Cost is Total Cost divided by the number of months ( and this is calculated to a fraction ) reflected in the selected date range
(3) Total Distance is the
largest odometer reading for the selected maintenance less the smallest
odometer reading. The distance is calculated for each vehicle ( if
'All' was selected for vehicle ) and then the totals for each vehicle
are added to produce the Total Distance. In order to calculate total
distance, at least two or more of the same task providing both
beginning mileage and ending mileage are required.
(4) Average Monthly Distance is
Total Distance divided by the number of months ( and this is calculated
to a fraction ) reflected in the selected date range.
Note: Total Cost and Average Monthly Cost are always calculated and
displayed if there is qualifying maintenance ( and there is an error
message if none are found ) and are not impacted by the Total Distance
calculations ( see #3 above ).