Importing CCNX notes into
Overview & Qualifications
- BrilorSoftware published another application named CCNX
which is now obsolete due to 64-bit requirements in Apple's
- Daynotes imports only CCNX's data, so if
you aren't a CCNX user and/or don't have any CCNX notes,
please ignore this page and skip importing.
- If you are/were a former user of BrilorSoftware's CCNX
product, importing will allow you to bring all your CCNX
notes and event dates into Daynotes
- Subsequent instructions( starting below with What
Importing Does ) on this page assume the reader has
CCNX notes and events to import.
- Copies CCNX's daynote and events files into the sandboxed
data location Daynotes uses
- The copy has several important items worthy of your
Importing does NOT copy what CCNX calls "User"
notes because Daynotes has no such feature.
- Any existing notes already entered into Daynotes will be
lost because its files are overwritten by the copy.
- The original CCNX data files are not altered ( i.e. they
remain in place for use by CCNX if that is planned )
- Because of #1, importing CCNX's data before entering any
notes into Daynotes is the best approach.
- Importing can be repeated at any time, so make sure to
heed the warnings because each import overwrites Daynotes'
What is the Process
- After launching Daynotes for the first time( or before
you have entered any data into Daynotes ) pick the
"Import CCNX Data..." from the File menu
- A sheet window will appear. The window describes
importing. Read it carefully.
- Respond to the sheet by pressing either the "Confirm"
or "Cancel" button. Confirm will start the import.
Cancel stops it.
- The import usually completes quickly. Check the Notes
Entry and Important Dates tabs for the imported data.